Re: [Axiom-developer] HyperDocReplacement

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] HyperDocReplacement
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:09:12 +0200 (CEST)

Alfredo Portes wrote:
> Has anyone been able to run Martin's code in
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxHyperDocReplacement
>
> While trying to test this on the latest wh-sandbox and
> build-improvements I got into some issues:
>
> 1. In wh-sandbox I need to give a full path to the hyper.spad file and
> hyper.lisp. With build improvements it works like in the example above
> (the loading of the files).
>
> 2. In wh-sandbox doing )co \...\hyper.spad in  I get:
>    >> System error:
>    Cannot create the file HYPER.erlib/index.KAF

I am affraid that wh-sandbox needs paths with slashes: /.../hyper.spad

> I have a rookie question if one does: )co hyper.spad twice is the
> first one overwritten by the first one, or does it damage the first
> one? I say this because I did this by mistake, and the first one
> loaded fine, but the second time I got:
>
> >> System error:
> Cannot rename the file "p "HYPER.erlib" to #p"HYPER.NRLIB"

The compile command is careful to overwrite the result only _after_
successful complilation.  In particular the compilation proper
creates HYPER.erlib and after it is created HYPER.NRLIB is removed
and HYPER.erlib renamed to HYPER.NRLIB.

Currently HYPER.NRLIB is removed using "rm -r" command, which may
fail on Windows.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden