Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries

From: Franz Lehner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:37:52 +0200 (CEST)

It depends what you really want.
I really want
1. no damaged memory
2. aldor compiler; the error messages of the spad compiler are not
   satisfactory for me.
3. recent bugfixes
What options do I have? So far I tried wh-sandbox and the wrong silver branch.

--enable-checking sets Lisp safety
to 3, but only in build-improvements branch.  In wh-sandbox --enable-checking
is ignored, like other unrecognized --enable-xxx options.
If you want to build with Lisp safety set to 3 than wh-sandbox
should build OK.
yes it did. Aldor did not due to the changed directory structure.

AFAIK gold/silver will not build with
safety set to 3 -- one has to fix a few problems and the fixes
are not applied yet.  I am not sure about build-improvements.
I guess the missing |output| function is one of these problems.

OTOH safety 3 means very significant slowdown.  On the same machine
safety 0 build took about 2.5 hours while safety 3 build needed
about 19 hours.
It was roughly 12 hours here.
Is runtime speed affected by this?

Franz