AxiomUnit, was: Re: [Axiom-developer] merge branches/daly to trunk

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: AxiomUnit, was: Re: [Axiom-developer] merge branches/daly to trunk
Date: 04 Jun 2007 22:57:55 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> Now Martin, suppose one test fails miserably, causing memory damage and all
> bad things. You would like to go on with testing in a clean environment. But
> that basically says, you have to start Axiom for every single test. That's
> going to be heavy.

I don't think that this would be such a big problem on modern machines.  Apart
from that, I think that such a test failure should happen rather seldom, and if
it does, it will be discovered no matter how axiomunit behaves.  I just want
something more organized than the current way of running tests using diff or
some variation thereof.

I think there are two possibilities:

* run all testcases in the same axiom, and say )cl all after each testcase.  If
  a test fails miserably, it is a show-stopper anyway.  Furthermore, currently
  we don't have sane behaviour after such a failure either, so, who cares?

* Run every testcase in a fresh axiom.

Martin