[Axiom-developer] Re: Version numbers

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Version numbers
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 05:22:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

| I am too lazy now to search the archives, but hasn't Gaby once said that he
| would like to merge BI and trunk? The only problem was that there are now some
| patches that have been made on BI that are also picked up by Tim and applied
| to trunk. (Gaby, please correct me if I am wrong.)

Ralf --

  You are correct on all counts.  I've said many times that I would
like to merge build-improvements to silver and that people would have
to accept the notion of approximation and incremental improvements.

| Unfortunately SVN does not track which patches have been applied already so a
| simple

As you know, I'm using SVK to do merges (in particular smerge) so I
get some help from there.  But the manual changes done by tim was
indeed not tracet.

[...]

| Nevertheless, to go forward, I'd like to ask Tim: Do you allow Gaby to merge
| his autoconf code into trunk even if you don't understand it?

Thanks for your support, Ralf.  I would first ask Tim to be more specific
about which parts he does not understand so that I can improve the
documentation in that respect.  Also, I cannot merge
to the GIT repo and I suspect that is going to be a problem...  But I can
definitely merge to the SVN repo.

-- Gaby