Re: [Axiom-developer] Lille

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Lille
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:32:07 -0400

On 6/24/07, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

   I'm currently in Lille; I visited the computer algebra group (headed by
Michel Petitot) at LIFL last thursday.  Michel Petitot was an Axiom user and
contributor in the late '80 and beginning '90 -- pieces of his contributions
to the Axiom algebra are still there.

  I'll be giving a talk on Axiom next wednesday to the group.  Most of it
will be update on the state of the project, current architcture, and possible
future (technical) directions.

That's excellent, Gaby. I think such presentations about Axiom are
very important. If it is technically possible, I think it is a very
good thing to record such presentations so that other people can
download and listen. This approach is very popular with the Sage
project.