Re: [Axiom-developer] combinat mailing list

From: Martin Rubey
Date: 26 Jun 2007 21:34:10 +0200

Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> writes:

> > > I am afraid I would not be able to contribute much to that discussion.
> >
> > I'm quite sure that this is not true.  But even if true, it might make
> > clearer which features the language lacks.
>
> There is a mailing list?  I could lurk there and contribute as appropriate.

What concerns the trouble with tuples, Ralf has already forwarded the
appropriate mail.

What concerns my parser and domain generator, there have been long discussions
a while back, concluding that my code is not legal Aldor code, but since it
works and Aldor (the language) doesn't seem to provide an alternative, we kept
it.

The main function is

interpret(p: List ExpressionTree): List LabelSpecies == {
        import from MachineInteger, LabelSpecies, List LabelSpecies;
        A: LabelSpecies == coerce EmptySetSpecies;
        res: List LabelSpecies := [A for x in p];
        E(i: MachineInteger)(L: LabelType): CombinatorialSpecies(L) ==
          (coerce evaluate(p.i, res))(L) add;
        for i in 1..#p repeat res.i := coerce E(i);
        res;
}

which you find in trunk/combinat/src/interp.as.nw of the aldor-combinat tree.
There, you will also find quite precise documentation.

Martin