[Axiom-developer] Re: SVN failure

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: SVN failure
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 03:15:42 -0400

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear about that. It was not my intention for you to loose your work,
I just pointed out the link for what svn faq says about this error.

I do no understand how svn update could have written on top of your
modified files.

Sorry again, maybe somebody in the list has an explanation to what happened.

Regards,

Alfredo

Well, the only solution I see at that site you recommended is to run
  svn update

which I did before making my changes. So I just ran svn update and it
destroyed my work. I'll follow the standard practice, blow away
everything, and redo the work.

Why didn't the svn update bring my copy up to date? I ran it before
making changes. I did nothing clever. Just update, mv, rm, and commit.

Source code contol systems should never lose work. Never.
What a waste.