[Axiom-developer] Lisp in Small Pieces

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Lisp in Small Pieces
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 22:07:14 -0500

Ralf, Stephen,

I think you'll find this book very interesting. Aside from the
subject matter it also clearly illustrates a style worth copying,
at least in my opinion. He gives the complete source code for a
lisp implementation along with a perfectly readable explanation
of all of the issues. I think that ALLPROSE could find a possible
example of a pamphlet/booklet format here.

The compiler chapter (ch 7) goes into great detail in a readable
fashion. Particularly interesting is the handling of continuations.
I'm interested in continuations (or futures) because this would be a
perfect mechanism for handling multi-branching provisos, each branch
in its own continuation. The closest thing in spad seems to be
infinite streams. However an explicit continuation mechanism would be
very nice indeed.

Queinnec, Christian, "Lisp in Small Pieces" ISBN 0-521-54566-8