Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> > As I understand it, bookvol5 is nowhere near completion.  What is
> > your take on dhmatrix?  As I understand it that file is closer to a
> > "proper" literate document.  Or, for that matter, what about
> > cl-web?
>
> I think dhmatrix as a literate document is rather "marginal". Yes it
> presents the main ideas of the code but does not seem like much
> advance over embedded comments to me.

Hmm.  OK.  I'll have to look over it again - my (admittedly hazy)
recollection was that there was a fair bit of introductory material
before the code appeared.

> cl-web: A very well written example for a relatively small program. I
> think this is very hard to reproduce for most Axiom components.
> (cl-web is not Axiom).

That's a concern, and a valid point.  As I have not yet gotten to any
major Axiom component, I must concede that for myself the viability
remains un-tested.

Cheers,
CY

Need a vacation? Get great deals