Re: [Axiom-developer] 2.7 build

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 2.7 build
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:15:24 +0200 (CEST)

Camm Maguire wrote:
> > I am working with the same tree as my first trial at gcl-2.7 build, namely
> > revision 636 of wh-sandbox + the patch that I posted.  If you did update
> > you probably got revision 646 which is slightly different.
> >

> OK, I've reverted exactly to this source for testing.  How are you
> testing at safety 3 -- with an initial declaim in saved_ansi_gcl?

I changed declaration in 'src/inter/interp-proclaims.lisp' (by default
there is a safety 1 declaration here).  I also put the same declaration
in 'src/lisp/axiom-lisp.lisp.pamphlet' (so that bootsys is also build
using safety 3).

There is one more change: in 'src/lisp/Makefile.pamphlet' I have
now '(compiler::emit-fn nil)' (previously it was t).

I can report a succesful build at safety 3.  Unfortunatly, results
of testsuite are rather bad -- there are many wrong answers.
However it is likely that wrong results are just due to few bugs...

I also re-tried build at safety 1: it fails early (more details
in another mail).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden