[Axiom-developer] Pamphlet format discussion

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Pamphlet format discussion
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:35:30 -0500

The current silver version in axiom.sty uses the latex alltt environment.
<http://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/texmf-dist/doc/latex/base/alltt.pdf>
This environment is shipped with standard latex. As I mentioned before we
could easily choose to use fancyvrb rather that alltt.

The alltt environment is a verbatim-like environment except that the
`\', `{', and `}' have their usual meanings. Thus, other commands and
environments can appear within an alltt environment.

Other systems, like Scientific WorkPlace, use it:
<http://www.mackichan.com/index.html?techtalk/458.htm~mainFrame>