Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom meeting at ISSAC

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom meeting at ISSAC
Date: 01 Aug 2007 14:07:07 -0500

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| So you don't agree with Tim's analysis here?
| http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2007-07/msg00147.html
|
| I suppose there's no reason not to ask NAG, but clearly they aren't
| selling Axiom any longer and their commercial trademark HAS lapsed:

Legal issues are tricky.  I wouldn't claim anyone, other NAG (who
still owns Axiom copyright), owns Axiom.  At least original Axiom
designers/developers present at the Axiom meeting did not seem to
indicate that a particular individual owns Axiom at this moment.  In
any case, I would refrain from making such ownership claim
until/unless formally established, and NAG steps forward and makes a
public statement to the effect.

-- Gaby