Re: [Axiom-developer] sequence

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sequence
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:51:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

| > Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
| >
| > | When compiling with an ANSI common lisp compiler, the use of "sequence"
| > | in src/interp/parsing.lisp is resoled as referring to the standard symbol
| > | sequence, which belongs to locked standard packages.  I would suggest
| > | to rename it to rule-sequence, and propagate the change down to the
| > | parser.
| >
| > similarly, "count" from the same file conflicts with standard count.
| >

| "count" is unused and I removed it from wh-sandbox.  It looks also
| that "sequence" is unused, but no Lisp implementation I use
| obected to it (they barfed on "count") so I did not notice it.

I was under the impression that Sequence was used by the "New meta"
parser generator; but after further inspection I believe you're right:
It is unused junk.

SBCL complained about modification to locked package COMMON-LISP when it sees
sequence's definition -- the conditions I ran into that were that I was trying
to get all lisp codes compiled (that is needed for ECL).

Thanks!

-- Gaby