Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing package pamphlet, was: Re: Al

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing package pamphlet, was: Re: Algebra and literate documentation
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:49:21 -0400

On 07 Aug 2007 17:34:36 -0500, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | > Please post a working pamphlet file (English is preferred),
> |
> | I definitively do not have time to do that now.
>
> Martin --
>
>    I hope you had good time.
>
>    I believe an English explanation of what you're doing will be helpful.
> At ISSAC'07, Tim, Bill, Stephen W., Barry and I (and probably others) tried
> to get your algebra compile.  However, we did not succeed and I was
> not fully confident about the changes we made because I could not
> read/understand what the code is supposed to compute and *why* it is
> doing what it is doing.

Although I did not have time to look at the problem deeply, my
understanding from what Tim showed me was that the problem is likely
due to how the old build system handles updates to the database files.
The Martin's algebra code is known to compile under wh-sandbox and
FriCAS. Very likely (I haven't tried) it can also be made to compile
under build-improvements.