Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc on windows

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc on windows
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 00:16:23 -0400

> axiom silver version (git or svn) has most of Arthur's code for
> mathML output already. I've attached his pamphlet file so you can try it.

[...]

Sorry I forgot to say that I tested it, and it works fine (thanks Arthur!!!).

> Once I have a demonstration page (I'm working on the path
> Basic Commands -> Calculus -> Differentiate -> (axiom response)
> I'll be able to convert the whole of hyperdoc to firefox and we
> should have a portable front end.

This is why I was trying to test it in Windows...but doing:

> go to URL http://127.0.0.1:8085/home/silver/axiom/axiom.xml

doesn't work, like is not the correct path. I still don't know the reason.
Still looking into it.

> Since you've gotten GCL to run on windows you might consider what it
> would take to get Arthur's mathML code into the wh-sandbox build.  (I
> believe you used wh-sandbox).

Well, actually Gaby figured it out. wh-sandbox inherited that from
build-improvements.

> Once that code is incorporated you can
> follow the same path to get Arthur's example to work. The key steps
> would be:

> incorporate Arthur's mathML extension into the algebra build
  (see attached patch 20070811.01.tpd.patch which won't apply
   directly to wh-sandbox but contains all the important changes)
> get http.lisp from axserver.pamphlet working on GCL/windows
> get the above example to work

Well, I know that Arthur's code is already works on Windows (well
missing the mathML stuff that is not in wh-sanbox) and the error
I described above.

> I'm not sure how to port the http.lisp file to windows but Camm might
> be able to help and Waldek has been doing a lot of work in that
> direction.

You need to use the version of GCL that build-improvements and wh-sanbox
are using if I am not mistaken. Waldek can probably say if this is correct.

> I already demonstrated getting database accesses working here:

> http://daly.axiom-developer.org/asq.php

> so it will be pretty trivial to do database lookups as part of
> the Firefox version of hyperdoc. Was there other functionality
> that I missed?

I am not sure, I never got Martin's code to run :-(. But he can say if
his code provides the same or more functionality.

Regards,

Alfredo