[Axiom-developer] wiki.axiom-developer.org

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] wiki.axiom-developer.org
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:29:54 -0600

Bill,

+I haven't checked this with Tim but I think it his intention to retain
+ownership of the 'axiom-developer.org' domain for the foreseeable
+future independent of what ever happens to the 'axiom-developer.org'
+server. Even though the Axiom wiki and portal applications will not be
+running on the 'axiom-developer.org' server at some time in the near
+future, it is possible of the owner of a domain to map specific names
+in that domain to other machines. So with Tim's help we could manage
+to keep the names  'wiki.axiom-developer.org' and
+'portal.axiom-developer.org' pointing at working versions of the Axiom
+wiki and portal. Of course these web sites are always subject to
+change over time since that is the nature of the applications but I do
+not think you should fear that the link in your paper will not work in
+the immediate future.

In the interest of keeping things running we can point the names
you need to the new server location and continue to use
wiki.axiom-developer.org and portal.axiom-developer.org.
Feel free to change the httpd.conf file to forward-point.
Thus Martin's references should continue to function.

The server costs have been rising due to the huge data loads on the
machine. I need to reduce that monthly outlay so I plan to strip most
of the non-essential data. Most of the data costs are associated with
the wiki, the portal, and your home directory. It is costing me
several thousand dollars a year to maintain that server at the present
time and the costs have risen every month. At the current rate of rise
the server will cost me about $5000./yr within a year. I need to reduce
this cost considerably. Thus, I've asked you to find another server
and William Stein has been kind enough to host your effort.