Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: AMS Notices: Open Source Mathematical Software

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: AMS Notices: Open Source Mathematical Software
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:24:27 -0800

Arthur Ralfs wrote:
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
Well ... if you mean "*Red Hat* Linux has won a significant market
share in servers", I agree. However, I don't think as a user that
either Firefox or OpenOffice are of sufficient quality or maturity to
be used on a Windows desktop, and I don't consider what they have
accomplished to be a "win". They just aren't viable alternatives for
anything but casual home use. I use them on Linux because they are
there, but they aren't on my Windows desktop at work and probably
never will be.

Do you mean to say that you think IE is better than Firefox?  Hard to
imagine.

Arthur Ralfs