[Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: members / parts of binarytrees

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: members / parts of binarytrees
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:08:48 -0500

On 11/28/07, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> Martin Rubey wrote:
> >
> > Dear all, especially Bill,
> >
> > I'd need members$BinaryTree right now, did you supply a patch or
> > did you only notice?  (I guess the patch is not difficult, but still...)
> >

> I also did not notice a patch -- I assume that Bill just noticed the
> problem.  I would like to have this function in the next FriCAS
> release and I would like to have release in few days so I will
> write one unless somebody provides one earlier.

No I did not supply a patch. I only noticed that 'members' is defined
for BinaryTree but that it depends on another function 'parts' that is
missing from domain.

I think there is a problem defining exactly what one might mean by
'members$BinaryTree'. In particular: What ordering is to be assumed?

For example if you do not mind an "in-order" traversal than maybe you
would like this definition:

  members(t) == map(value,nodes t)