[Axiom-developer] axiom-wiki enhancements

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom-wiki enhancements
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:13:34 -0400

Dear Axiom Wiki Users and Contributors:

Due to popular request ;-) and because I decided that I also miss
them, I have re-implemented the comment preview and the edit assistant
enhancement from the old wiki to the new axiom-wiki at:

  http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org

Try this on the SandBox page:

  http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/SandBox

You can use 'Preview' before adding a comment to a wiki page to check
the page formatting. Cancel it if you decide not to comment.

On the 'edit' page you will also see a short table of commonly used
codes and constructs. (Don't forget to click 'login' and identify
yourself before using 'edit'.)

Clicking on the tools displayed at the bottom of the page will insert
commonly used text into the edit page. For example, you can enter the
Axiom command:

   (1) -> integrate(exp x,x)

using about 8 mouse clicks or key strokes as follows:

Under the column labeled Axiom click the following widgets:

1)  \begin{axiom}

2)  sqrt symbol (expands list of functions)

3)  exp

Press key:

4) x

Use mouse or cursor to select the expression:

5) exp x

Click

6) integration symbol (expands list of operators)

7) integrate(sin x, x)

Press key:

8) x

You have now entered a complete Axiom command that will be executed
when you click 'Preview' or 'Save'.

Please try it. If you have any questions about these wiki features
just ask or comment on the Axiom Wiki.