Re: [Axiom-developer] cannot build axiom

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] cannot build axiom
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:52:28 -0400

On Wed, 28 May 2008 19:57:58 -0400
 root <address@hidden> wrote:
So what will you tell them that you cannot figure out by a proper
configure script automatically?

I do not know how to automatically and generically figure out the correct string, e.g. "debian", "macosxppc", "fedora9" ,etc. It seems that this would take an expert in each system to write system-specific
code to probe the configuration for each system.

I certainly don't know anything about OSes. But it seems to me that there is a dumb way. If each supported OS stanza includes the expert system-specific code to verify (not probing to find what the OS is, but assuming the OS is the one in the stanza, verify it -- only a yes or no answer) that the OS is the right one, then by a process of elimination, a loop going through all the OSes stanzas until a match is found(or not found) should solve the problem.
William