[Axiom-developer] aldor concern

From: Arthur Ralfs
Subject: [Axiom-developer] aldor concern
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:04:50 -0700

Tim, Waldek, Gaby,

It should be clear by now that I am only interested in working
with software which is completely free in the sense of Stallman.
For this reason I have not touched aldor.

This recent quote from Tim has me concerned:

"If we were to re-think by re-coding it would make a lot more sense
to rewrite the algebra into Aldor."

so I put the question if any of you are 100% committed to maintaining
your project as a free software project. I do not object to supporting aldor
for the end user but I will not continue using axiom/fricas/open-axiom if
aldor becomes an essential component.

Arthur