Re: [Axiom-developer] pointers

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] pointers
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:45:15 -0500

Gabriel:

Thanks for the response. Your script shows how to get the parameters, not the constructor. I do not have OpenAxiom installed (sorry). The question is whether I can test that the constructor is Fraction, or otherwise (like FiniteField) when the domain belongs to the category Field.

I came across this requirement in algorithms that may take advantage of special knowledge of how the coefficient field is constructed.

William

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:21:28 -0600