Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Debian ports

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Debian ports
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:17:12 -0500

Does the URL

Camm Maguire wrote:
Thanks Tim!  But it still hangs just as before.  What else can I
trace to see where I'm stuck?

Take care,

Tim Daly <address@hidden> writes:

Camm, the URL shown below is partially specific to your system
If you build axiom with the shell variable

then the URL will work as shown (assuming you build on ubuntu).
If you build on, say, a fedora10 system with the shell variable

the URL would be:

That is, you have to specify the complete path to the file rootpage.xhtml
(which will naturally have the $AXIOM prefix you used).

>From the top level you type ")browse" and Axiom will now function as a
web server on
the port (8085). At the moment you need to give a full path to the
root page thus:

Try Topics -> Numbers -> Integers -> x:=factorial(200) as an example.
You should see the result of the computation pasted inline in the webpage.

This should be easier and automatic but I have to write that code and
I have not.

Alas my browser is hanging on the above url, so something needs
fixing.  I don't even get to read-char-no-hang:

(1) -> )lisp (trace read-char-no-hang)

Warning: READ-CHAR-NO-HANG is being redefined.
(1) -> )browse
listening on port 8085

Debugging suggestions?

Axiom-developer mailing list