Re: [Axiom-developer] TeX output of a**bc

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] TeX output of a**bc
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:39:56 -0400

In the case c is literally an integer, and b is a symbol, then most likely c is meant to be a single subscript---of course, it could also be a superscript, but we can't tell. For subscript, the TeX code would be $a^{b_{c}}$. If c is meant to be a double subscript, like b13 to mean b_{1,3}, then it may be necessary to pass the integer string c.

Rather than guessing what the user has in mind, in case it is a^b13, I think your workaround a^{b13} is fine. Or you can use \verbatim to capture Axiom input and output lines.

William

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:10:28 +0200