Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] TexFormat with latex output

From: Eugene Surowitz
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] TexFormat with latex output
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:32:13 -0400

\begin{array} is the "native" LaTeX book invocation
of an "array" environment; if somebody has added
a "pmatrix" environment, I personally would avoid
using it in anything I wrote unless it is in the
current LaTeX2e (or beyond) standard.

It is a combinatorial impossibility for you, me, or
anyone else to support every major package out there.
Base level Latex is going to be hard enough.

It is impossible to guess the preference of every individual
and supply parameters and switches to have Axiom/FriCAS/OpenAxiom
anticipate the wishlists of the world.

PanAxiom is deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid;
there is no way code a TeX/LaTeX/package-list crystal ball
into it.

The only reason that I would ever use ")set output tex/latex on"
would be to cut-and-paste into a document which in turn would
be edited to suit; there is no way to guess what will be done
to the generated output at that point.

All of which means that package assumptions should not be made
at this time, repeat: at this time.

Get basic stuff correct first.

The same goes for private ".sty" files

Cheers, Gene