Re: [Axiom-developer] Hash problems

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Hash problems
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 20:26:14 -0400

Greetings!  I've resolved it now, but we should be aware of this going
forward.

axiom currently relies on a broken GCL implementation of functionp,
which incorrectly returns t for fboundp symbols.  axiom uses this to
decide whether to funcall, as in (if (functionp x) (funcall x ...)).
With a correct functionp, as in GCL master, it should read (if (if
(symbolp x) (fboundp x) (functionp x)) (funcall x ...)).  I think you
already have something like this in |functionp|.  Anyway, when I release
a fix to this eventually, axiom will need to be changed.  Luckily, the
axiom change can occur now with existing gcl as well.

The forthcoming 2.6.11 will still have the broken functionp.

(see book5)

Take care,