[Axiom-developer] libgmp not found

From: Raoul
Subject: [Axiom-developer] libgmp not found
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 00:18:44 +0200

Hi,

I tried to compile a recent version of Axiom on a Debian sid machine.
I choose the system configuration "debian". It then fails like:

======================================
src BUILDING SRC
======================================
25 making /scratch/src/Axiom/src/interp
/scratch/src/Axiom/obj/debian/bin/lisp: error while loading shared libraries:
libgmp.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Makefile:208: recipe for target 'interpdir' failed
make[2]: *** [interpdir] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/scratch/src/Axiom/src'
Makefile.debian:149: recipe for target 'srcdir' failed
make[1]: *** [srcdir] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/scratch/src/Axiom'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It claims there is no GMP library but I have it installed
where the Debian package put it:

  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgmp.so.10
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgmp.so.10.2.0

What is the correct way to tell the make process where to look?

Usually I would do this via "configure" and put some flags there.
But with Axiom the setup seems to be a bit different.

-- Raoul