Re: [Axiom-developer] 20170401 sources

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 20170401 sources
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 01:26:53 -0400

Camm,

Axiom uses a program called 'tanglec' (in books/tanglec.c) to extract
'chunks' from the source pamphlet files. The tanglec program will look for

   \begin{chunk}{somename}
        source code goes here
   \end{chunk}

so given a filename and a chunk name it will extract the chunk to stdout
which are, by default, extracted to the equivalent filename, e.g.

   tanglec bookvol10.3.pamphlet retractable?.help >retractable?.help

so the solution for output is to rename the chunk names not to use wildcards.
Thus I need to change it to read:

   \begin{chunk}{retractableq.help}

When the lisp code is trying to find the help file named 'retractable?.help
I need to quietly mangle it to 'retractableq' and look for retractableq.help

This seems a simple but, as we both know, there is no such thing as a
simple job. Nevertheless, I'm working on the fix.

Tim