Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Windows

From: Dr. M Kanagasabapathy
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Windows
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 13:07:19 +0530

Thank you for your guidance.
From google I came to know Axiom is relatively powerful. But unfortunately installation on Windows platform is so difficult for novices.
My students feel that still installation of Axiom in windows is cumbersome and we have licensed Windows OS (both 7 & 8) only.
And parallel version friCAS has windows installation.
May I request is it possible to compile Axiom as .exe format for Windows with  single click installation like friCAS or wxMaxima so as Windows users can install it easily.
Regards,
Dr M Kanagasabapathy

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:44 AM, C Y <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:36 PM, Tim Daly <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maxima is an excellent piece of software. I have no
> opinion about whether it will fit your needs. From
> the changelog it appears that there have been no
> changes since 2005:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog

They switched to version-numbered change log files around then.  For example, the latest appears to be:

https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/code/ci/master/tree/ChangeLog-5.40.md

Cheers,
CY