axiom-mail

[Axiom-mail] Newbie Questions

From: Lonnie Cumberland
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Newbie Questions
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:36:33 -0000

Greetings All,

I have recently come across Axiom and am very impressed with what I have seen so far.

I was trying to do some simple calculation looking for the floor, and integer of the sqrt of a number but could not seem to get this to work and could not locate these in any documentation.

This project has very good potential I think but seems to have a long way to go in order to be on the level of Mathematica.

One other thing that I noticed was that plotting is still in development for Windows but you might consider looking to use something like LiveGraphics3d for the plotting of 2D and 3D graphics as is this a free component and is also what is used in Mathematica. Just an idea to offer the community until I can figure out how to get involved with the development side of the house.

--
Thanks and have a good day,

Lonnie T. Cumberland
OutStep Technologies Incorporated

Email: address@hidden
address@hidden Recommended sites:
        http://www.peoplesquest.com

"Open Source...... opening the doors for the future in the world of today...."