axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] downloading sources stale?

From: Oliver Kullmann
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] downloading sources stale?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:48:30 +0100

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 04:47:12PM -0400, Bill Page wrote:
> Certainly a lot is going on in the Axiom project but there has not
> been any recent offi/ial release and corresponding tarball.
> Currently there are four versions to choose from in the source code
> repositories Gold (oldest;. Silver (trunk of svn repository at
> SourceForge). build-improvements, and wh-sandbox, plus a recent fork
> of the Axiom project called FriCAS that is based on a different
> development philosophy. Please ask if need more information.

thanks for the answer!

I've read through the axiom-book, and it looked quite good, until
I realised that this anti-syntax like in python is used: That's
a show-stopper. In principle, of course, such indentation-games
should be only part of the user-interface, and one should be
able to go to the level of the "real syntax" and use brackets
as usual (or treat it as a different user interface)
 --- but unfortunately I have never seen it, and so I
fear that also Axiom only accepts input in that indentation-format?

Oliver