axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] A question about Axiom capabilities

From: Mike Valenzuela
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] A question about Axiom capabilities
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 16:36:36 -0700

I just wanted to thank you all for taking this task seriously. I've been looking for some CAS that provided significant symbolic matrix manipulations, including matrix calculus. I found other tools that work with tensors and provide tensor calculus (Maxima CAS has 3 tensor packages), but second order tensors and matrices are not quite the same thing. Furthermore, the packages were so general that they lacked specific rules (derivatives of determinants, inverses, etc.) which worked fine on matrices.

So once again, just saying thanks.