axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] trigs and factor

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] trigs and factor
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 05:28:25 -0500

In answer to a previous question of a similar nature on the
axiom-user list:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mathematics.axiom.general/16

There are some simple example pdf and TeXmacs (tm) files here.

http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/axiom/doc/axiom_texmacs.pkg/Examples%20
v1.0.2/

The tm files can be used directly with Axiom through the
tm_axiom interface. See

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/TeXmacs

On Wednesday, December 08, 2004 4:55 AM Martin Rubey wrote:

> (I'm forwarding this also to axiom-math, since I believe
> that it is of general interest. I hope I'm not disturbing
> privacy)

That is a peculiar presumption. Does anyone expect privacy
on a public mailing list? :) I think it is perfectly ok
to ask such questions here (and there).

 WE NEED MORE QUESTIONS.

> Dear CF,
>
> > (1) One of my main interests in axiom is to investigate
> > whether it can be used to efficiently perform complicated
> > symbolic computations and SIMPLIFICATIONS of the resulting
> > symbolic expressions. My present applications involve
> > expressions with mainly trigonometric terms, ie
> > sin(x)cos(y), sin^2(x)cos(z), etc. Please send me some
> > of the built in axiom simplification commands.
>
> It would be great if you document your findings on MathAction!

Yes, please ...