baby-devel

Re: [baby-devel] help with make errors

From: Jerome Kunegis
Subject: Re: [baby-devel] help with make errors
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:02:06 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

While trying to compile babychess 15 on my Mandrake 10.0 machine, I
encountered the following mess of errors (see end of e-mail for complete
text of error message). I tried to get around the first error listed,
assuming that if it was solved the others would also disappear. It's
complaning that it can't find the "libgnomeui-2.0" package. Which is just
mistaken, as you can see from the following command and its output:

=====
(%:~)- rpm -qa | grep libgnomeui
libgnomeui2_0-2.4.0.1-2mdk
libgnomeui2-2.4.0.1-2mdk
=====

Any help would be highly appreciated.
--Damon

Complete make error message follows.
(%:~/downloads/source/babychess-15)- make
g++ -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -O3 `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
libgnomeui-2.0` -idirafter bin bin/xboard_engine.program.cc `pkg-config
--libs glib` -s -o bin/baby_xboard_engine
Package libgnomeui-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you don't have the "libgnomeui-devel" package installed. This package is needed to compile BabyChess. (As well as the devel packaged for all libraries used by BabyChess.)

The same error happens on Suse 9.1 with a standard install, and the problem goes away when installing the devel packages.

Regards,
     Jérôme KUNEGIS