bayonne-devel

Re: [Bayonne-devel] Audio problem

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Audio problem
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:13:57 -0400

Some ac'97 codecs only do fixed rate sampling at 44khz and cannot be
adjusted in the oss soundcard drivers through the normal ioctl's.  We
don't waste processing in Bayonne to do rate conversion.  In fact, many
odd bugs typically exist in oss soundcard drivers.  If you can use a
very recent alsa driver, you may get much better results.