RE: [Bayonne-devel] Re: [Bayonne-dialogic] Globalcall Routing

From: Gilmore, Gerry
Subject: RE: [Bayonne-devel] Re: [Bayonne-dialogic] Globalcall Routing
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:10:38 -0700

According to the GC/ISDN programming docs, gc_AcceptCall() sends an
ALERTING message to the network, indicating that the far-end is ringing
and that no more info is required at this time. Further, it stops the
Layer 3 timer.

If the application cannot (or doesn't want to) answer the call within
the 10 second protocol timer, it *must* issue gc_AcceptCall()or the
network will drop the call.

Typically, this stage enables B channel audio cut-through so that the
calling end - if properly CTbus routed - can hear the ringback, etc.
from the far-end.

-- There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand
binary and those who don't.
Gerry Gilmore
Field Applications Engineer
Communications Sales Organization