bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Problem collecting a large number of digits

From: Lachlan Ross
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Problem collecting a large number of digits
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:01:28 +1100

Hello Everyone,

I am using Bayonne 1.2.11 with the globalcall driver on a machine running redhat 7.2 with the Intel Dialogic D/600JCT-2E1

I am having a problem collecting a large number of digits. I am trying to collect up to 17 digits and am terminating with '#' Below is the bayonne script command that I am using.

collect count=17 timeout=5 exit="#" ignore="*ABCD"

If I was to press 15 digits then #, it seems to take about 4-6 second to process the digits entered.

When I tried reducing the timeout to 3 it raised another issue. With command:

collect count=17 timeout=3 exit="#" ignore="*ABCD"

If the caller entered 16 digits and then pressed #, there would be some delay due to the large number of digits entered and the collect appeared to timeout at some point during the collection, but because the user continues to enter their digits (16 in total), the ones that come after the collect timeout are picked up by the next collect statement in my bayonne script. So you can see in my snippet below, some of the digits intended for %ccnum end up being collected and stored in %ccExpDate. * The script does work if I enter the 16 digits and the # very slowly (1 per second). * The script does work if I change the timeout to 5 but I still get a lengthy delay after the # is pressed. * The script does work if I reduce the collect count to 10 (with timeout=3) because it does not have to process as many digits.
* When entering the digits very slowly there is no delay after pressing #.

# --start snippet
::requestCreditCardNumber
play ccNumber.au sleep 5

 ^dtmf
   collect count=17 timeout=3 exit="#" ignore="*ABCD"
   set %ccnum %session.digits
   cleardigits ::requestCreditCardExpiry

::requestCreditCardExpiry
 play ccExpiry.au
 sleep 5

 ^dtmf
   collect count=4 timeout=3 ignore="*#ABCD"
   set %ccExpDate %session.digits
   cleardigits ::validateCreditCard
# --end snippet

Has anybody else encountered anything like this or do you know what might be causing it? If so, is there a solution to my problem?

Thank you for your time.

Lachlan