bayonne-devel

Re: [Bayonne-dialogic] RE: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne/Dialogic :"UNHANDLED

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-dialogic] RE: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne/Dialogic :"UNHANDLED EVENT: 8432"
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:12:57 -0500

I'm basically ready to distribute a new 1.2.13 release of Bayonne this weekend, which compiles against Common C++ 1.2(.6). I am curious if anyone has already experimented with changing queue size, though.

Julien Chavanton wrote:
I just found something in the Dialogic documentation,
From Feature Pack 1 Service Update 16 for Linux
PTR 31421 (From Feature Pack 1 Service Update 16 for Linux) : The error event DTEV_ERREVT - 00c Wich correspond to EDT_BADDEV is passed to application by the DTI library if the maximum number of simultanious commands on a device has been reached. Another recommendation from Dialogic is
PTR 25579 (From System Release 5.1 for Linux service pack 1 release note):
The SRL has a queue depth of 20 events per device, some application might not
service event quickly enough to avoid an overflos condition. TO increase the
queue depth, the following code can be added during initialization:
int size = 200; /* new queue depth */
sr_setparm(SRL_DEVICE,SR_QSIZEID, &size);
I think this may be the problem since bayonne does not implement the fix yet.
Lets see.
Julien -----Original Message----- From: address@hidden on behalf of Julien Chavanton Sent: Wed 11/10/2004 07:16 PM To: infos chez fdrconseil; David Sugar Cc: address@hidden; address@hidden Subject: RE: [Bayonne-dialogic] RE: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne/Dialogic :"UNHANDLED EVENT: 8432"

        Thank you for this information,

        This problem does not take place with T1 interface I guess this is
probably why it was not detected by the programmer who did this code or people
in North America.

        I will shortly use bayonne on ISDN E1 so this fix will be helpful
anyway, thank you.

        The problem I experimente is regarding :
        "UNHANDLED EVENT: 8432" - DTEV_ERREVT - Error condition event
        This corresponds to problem in the Dialogic API and can result in trunk
malfunctioning.

        Debugging this can be hard first I have to know what the program was
doing just before this error take place.

        I will start by handling the event and display on witch port it was.
        A port reset can patch the problem.

        Julien

        Mediatel Data USA - Have already commented this problem in Bayonne,
here is there recommendation, I think implementing a port reset will be enough
to start. (Thanks again to http://www.mediateldata.com/) I have no affiliation
with them but they have a great forum about Dialogic far better from the one of
Intel.

        Call Control processing issue
        It looks like your application or middle ware support is not handle
properly Call Control procesing phase, normally DTEV_ERREVT arrives on alarm
conditions, like red kind, only for digital trunks obviously, but in such a
case all your calls would be impacted, meaning all span will be down.

        As you pointed out you have an E1, also what kind of trunk build, is it
ISDN Ctr4 or E1 PRI CAS R2MF ?

        Also how you manage the Call Control, using direct API, like dt_ or cc_
functions, or by Global Call layer ?

        For sure somehow in your code you do not hang up properly a call, and
next time indeed that channel is lost, stucked, so you might want indeed to
restart only that particular one.

        Now still you should check your code inside, in order to address this
issue.

        As you presented DTEV_ERREVT it looks like you have an E1 PRI CAS R2MF
trunk, these kind of events being strictly related to CAS protocols; in ISDN
case you have like CCEV_ or GCEV_ kind of events type.
        Mediatel Data USA - Technical Support Staff