bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Re: Capabilities Question

From: Tony Stocker
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: Capabilities Question
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:24:16 -0500

Luca,

That's great news!

As far as the number of calls at one time goes we really only need to
make one at a time.  Here's the basic logic framework we're looking at
using:

1. Problem detected
2. Send emails to on-call personnel, set email-sent flag
3. Wait for period of time n
[If on-call personnel logs in to check problem, they will manually set
flag on-call-responded]
4. Check on-call-responded flag, if not set then initiate call
5. Call first on-call responder and play message
6. ??

Actually here is where I have another capabilities question.  Right
now I think since Bayonne can make the call, which is the main thing,
everything else would just be gravy but it would be nice to know if it
can do the following as well.

Can Bayonne wait for a response from the person it called?  For
instance let's say the message Bayonne plays goes something like
"There is a problem.  Please enter your responder code to verify that
you have been contacted."  Can the system wait for the person called
to key in their code using the telephone number pad?  The main reason
for this is in case the on-call person's voicemail or something picks
up instead, also for accountability that yes indeed the on-call person
received the call.  If the code isn't entered (in some period of time)
then the script would use Bayonne to call the next on-call person on
the list, and so forth.

I know that's a bit more complicated than my initial question, but the
more I thought about this last night I realized there were some issues
that needed to be addressed if possible.

Looking forward to your reply and thanks very much again for the help!

Tony