bbdb-user

Re: BBDB autodialing

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: BBDB autodialing
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 11:45:30 -1000

The Termux implementation of xdg-open works out of the box.

On Linux, it won't open tel: for me, and I don't know where to send
tel: links to get it set up. Chrome very ridiculously doesn't handle a
tel: link in the address bar, just when embedded in a web page (I
suppose I could build a local web page and call it up, but that's at
least as complex as what I'm currently doing and wouldn't avoid using
xdotool).

My default Emacs browser is w3m. I suspect many Emacsers have that or
eww as the default, and neither handles tel: (or at least I don't know
how to make that happen). That's of course why the default in BBDB,
while eminently sensible, don't work for me.
An interesting issue. But I like the idea of using BBDB to its
fullest, that's what it's there for.

Bob Newell
Honolulu