bbdb-user

About bbdb wanting to adjust names

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: About bbdb wanting to adjust names
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 09:19:23 -0400

First off, be warned that this issue is occuring in bbdb-2.35 running

Emacs version:
GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d
scroll bars) of 2017-09-28

I have no interest in updating to v-3 right now.

I didn't save the error or comment bbdb produces but it seems to be
something about asking if it should change the name it has recorded
when compared to a name found in from header (I guess).

This happens with some regularity... bbdb stops the action when I open
a msg where bbdb finds a naming issue.  bbdb asks me if I want to
change the name bbdb has recorded.  Until I say yes or no, bbdb is
stopping me from reading the message.

Oddly, the name `difference' bbdb has found appears to be exactly the
same as the recorded name (not always), which is a bit baffling.

At any rate, I don't want to be asked about this ever again, and
recall having had code in .emacs some time in the past,that told bbdb
to stop doing that.

I've lost track of the code snippet and wondered if any one here would
know how to head bbdb off, and make it ignore naming differences..