bibledit-general

[be] Farsi Document

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] Farsi Document
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:34:52 +0200

Hi Pooyan, and all who have responded to this,

Thanks for the comments how the file looks, and what the cause could be.

I consider this issue to be closed, and think that it is only a matter
of choosing the right font for the letters to appear properly joined.

I did a final try with several fonts, see the results:

http://filebin.ca/rnqxvs/farsi-samples.zip

If there is anything that is good there, well, very good. If not you may
want to try other fonts till you arrive at a proper one.

I remember when doing Hebrew for the first time on Linux, finding the
right font was very hard. It is much better these days.

Farsi fonts may be installed through the synapitic package manager, I
installed a package called ttf-farsiweb. By searching the internet for
free Farsi fonts, you might also bump into something useful.

Hope it works out well.

And, if you find a good font, please let us all know, we're eager to
know that, and I'd like to update the online help with these
experiences.

Success!

Teus.