billiards-devel

Re: [Billiards-devel] Billiards (and Techne) and Lua 5.2

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: Re: [Billiards-devel] Billiards (and Techne) and Lua 5.2
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 15:34:51 +0300

Hello Tadej,

What are your plans regarding the support for Lua 5.2?

There will be a compat package available in Fedora to provide Lua 5.1,
but before taking any action, I wanted to hear your thoughts.

I'm in the process of a rewrite of Techne that will eventually be published as version 0.3 which uses Lua 5.2. I do intend to port Billiards to this version but this might take some time as my hands are full with other projects right now (mostly Techne itself) and this will probably remain so for the near future.

I therefore think we should stick with the compatibility package of Lua 5.1 for now and dump it when I get around to porting Billiards to Techne 0.3 in the future.

Let me know if that sounds reasonable and thanks for your continued efforts in packaging Billiards.

Dimitris

P.S.: Maybe you could advertise the availability of Billiards as a
Fedora package (https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/billiards) on
the web page?

Yes that would indeed be a good idea.  I'll do it straight away.