bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Streaming to Bino?

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Streaming to Bino?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 21:46:14 +0200

Hello Nathan!

On 11/05/11 19:09, Nathan Clark wrote:
> I am involved with an open source cinema project called Apertus
> (http://cinema.elphel.com)
>
> I am currently working out a system for monitoring live stereoscopic
> images on set.
>
> It looks like Bino might be a fantastic, and perhaps even
> 'out-of-the-box' solution!
>
> The camera's send a vision stream over the network to GStreamer-
>
> I am wondering if there is any way to send the stream from GStreamer to
> Bino (under Linux)?
>
> Perhaps some way of creating a pipe that Bino can open...?
>
> This is certainly not my area of expertise, so any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

There is almost certainly a way to make this work.

What exaclty does GStreamer currently do with the data?

One possibility would be to set up a streaming server for the data. Bino
should be able to play this over the network.

GStreamer seems to support this:
http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2008/10/13/gstreamer-rtsp-server/
http://people.freedesktop.org/~wtay/

Martin