bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] wish list for future versions

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] wish list for future versions
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 21:45:52 +0200

On 10/05/11 21:57, Martin Lambers wrote:
> On 10/05/11 16:55, Frédéric Devernay wrote:
>> I gathered these bugs/features requests for Bino from a die-hard
>> Stereoscopic Player fan (Pierre Meindre, from Stéréo-Club Français)
>> [my remarks are within brackets - he's running 1.1.0 under Vista]:
>
> Thanks a lot, such feedback is very valuable. To keep track of all these
> things, I enabled the bug tracker on the Savannah project page:
> <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=bino>.

Here's an update on these issues:

>> - keyboard shortcuts should be accessible in GUI mode without having
>> to click on the video subwindow [should be an easy-to-fix Qt focus
>> issue]
>
> This is now in the bugtracker.

Now fixed.

>> - parallax adjustment does stange things on borders in anaglyph and
>> interlaced mode. When parallax is adjusted while the video is paused,
>> the slider moves but not the value.
>
> This is now in the bugtracker.

Now fixed.

>> - full-screen mode on two screens at the same time is not possible
>> [does he mean having twice the same display, or having the left part
>> on the left screen and the right part on the right screen - should
>> the later case be fixed by using Equalizer?]
>
> I think he means the latter case. This is a good way to get affordable
> stereo projection based on polarization. I plan to integrate
> multi-display support (Equalizer) into the GUI, with a few predefined
> configuration files for common use cases such as this.

You can now configure fullscreen mode to use multiple screens, without
using Equalizer - as long as the screens are part of one desktop so that
a single window is sufficient. This should work for most use cases.

(This is currently only tested on X11/Linux. If you have multiple
screens, please test).

>> - double-clicking on the video to switch fullscreen mode would be
>> useful
>
> This is now in the bugtracker.

Now fixed.

>> - flipping/flopping the videos on one or both sides would be useful
>> for Planar-type stereoscopic screens [but I guess Planar screens also
>> need fullscreen on two screens, since they use two monitors]
>
> I don't understand this one. When would this be useful?

As you said in a different mail, this is useful for certain kinds of
stereo setups. You can now configure fullscreen mode to flip/flop left
and right view independent of each other, so this should work now.

... the rest of the isues still have open entries in the bug tracker.

Martin