bino-list

[Bino-list] Infitec-Dolby 3D wavelength coded separatio n output

From: Vyacheslav Dikonov
Subject: [Bino-list] Infitec-Dolby 3D wavelength coded separatio n output
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:09:51 -0500

Is it possible to implement the Infitec-Dolby 3D method of chromatically separated wavelength coded 3d output that would work with "Dolby 3D" glasses in bino?
A basic description is available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_3D

This method appears to be suitable for regular 60Hz displays with good color performance and it is far better than anaglyph because it can give (almost) full-color 3D image.
The appropriate glasses are widely used in cinemas and they can be bought for the price comparable with nvidia 3d vision. I actually tested them in my local cinema.

A user case:
I have a very nice wide-gamut 2560x1600 60Hz display which has 7ms GtG timing and AdobeRGB gamut. I want to see some 3D video, but changing the panel for any current 3D display or TV would mean a huge downgrade both in resolution and color performance for 2D. I have no physical space for a second display either. This technique should work with displays that can do accurate color reproduction + good brightness but cannot support nvidia 3D vision.

I would like to help in any way I can.