bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] BINO WINDOWS COMPILE PROBLEM

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] BINO WINDOWS COMPILE PROBLEM
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 06:13:12 +0200

Hello!

On Mon, 13 May 2013 17:18:06 -0700, Jing Liu wrote:
> I'm currently building Bino from Linux for Windows 7, 64 bit.  I
> managed to install mxe, successfully build bino.exe, bino-1.4.2-w32.
> However, when testing on windows, they don't work. Instead, I get an
> assertion failed window (please see attached screenshot).
>
> Assertion failed!
> Program D:\Bino\bin\bino.exe
> File: harfbuzz-shaper.cpp
> Line: 235
>
> Expression: item->num_glyphs <= length
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Please let me know if you have any thoughts. I'm currently looking
> into the source files for pointers.

Harfbuzz is used internally by Libass to display subtitles in special
fonts. It is not required, and if the current version is giving you
trouble, I suggest disabling it.

If you are building Bino using MXE, you can change the line
'--enable-harfbuzz' in src/libass.mk to '--disable-harfbuzz' and then
rebuild Libass with 'make libass'.

When you then rebuild Bino, it should not contain Harfbuzz anymore.

Regards,
Martin