bna-farsilinux

[FarsiLinux] Stop messing with Knoppix! Use Morphix !!!

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: [FarsiLinux] Stop messing with Knoppix! Use Morphix !!!
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:49:07 +0300

Hi there:

I guess I have found a perfect soloution to many of our problems. Stop
remastering that Knoppix, we should use Morphix.

As much as we like Knoppix, we have all worked with it, and know it's
limitations and shortcommings. Morphix seems to answer many of them.

Morphix is a LiveCD, based on Knoppix. So you get all the goodies of
Knoppix, like it's famed hardware auto detection, and so on. However,
it does have some pretty cool advantages over Knoppix, I will list the
main ones here:

* It's development is truely really Open Source. It's not like Knoppix,
in which Knopper decides all the issues, and you can bang your head
against the wall as much as you want but no one would listen to you. In
Morphix, you can really participate.

* Unlike Knoppix, which which seems to have nothing extraordinary in
it's TO-DO list, the Morphix guys are working on many things. They are
heavily working on a installer, network tools etc

* It comes with a GUI installer. I haven't installed it yet, but for
Morphix guys, installer seems to be a pretty big issue (unlike
Knoppix). Even now, they are working on a graphical partition manager.

* Morphix is modular. Currently there are 4 ISO images available (
MorphixGame, MorphixHeavyGUI, MorphixLightGUI, MorphixKDE ), more will
probably follow. There are detailed documentations, regarding how you
can make your own mini modules.

* from the FAQ, it seems the Morphix guys welcome the idea of helping
you to build a LiveCD using Morphix.

Anyway, you should instantly download it. If I knew about this project a
little while ago, I would have sent you guys the CD ofcourse. But I
just downloaded it, and it looks awesome.

Check
http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q1

Cheers

--
/*  Give a man a URL he surfs one site.
Teach a man to google, he surfs for life */

Aryan Ameri