bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Bongo marking and selecting random tracks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Bongo marking and selecting random tracks
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:25:59 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Yes, this is a valid point. Unfortunately, I think it will be a lot of
>> work implementing something that works all around. It sounds like a
>> unmarked-tracks-are-invisible type of feature, I think that is the
>> closest to Anthony's original feature request. It could be another
>> type of mark, but as I said I doubt it is necessary. (See below.)
>
> I still think the intra-playlist queue idea is an okay one.

Okay. I'm still having problems thinking about it. I guess I need a
real example to see how it's like.

>> Well, making tracks invisible is not strictly necessary
>> either ...
>
> I use that feature far too seldom.  I should make a habit
> out of using it sporadically just to prevent bit rot.

Ah, but I meant the imaginary feature I described above, not the
sectioning/collapsing. But you are right, you should use it more!

>> Since Anthony's feature will probably not be included in Bongo, here
>> is my advice (pun intended) to Anthony: [snipped]
>
> Cool.  This should go on EmacsWiki.

I'll add it to the BongoHacks page.

>> Why have multiple playlists? They can't be playing at the same time.
>
> Sure they can.  This possibility might not be that useful ---
> in fact, it might even be good if playing in one playlist
> automatically paused all others --- but it does exist already.

Ah. I didn't know. But I guess this is not a feature, rather an
accident of implementation?

On second thought, maybe it might be an idea to not change it. I'm
sure somebody can think of a way to use this behaviour.

> What would it mean for a playlist to be `active'?

I mean that there would be only one playlist at a time. Maybe as a
minor mode?

Yeah, you're right that this is probably what
`bongo-prefer-library-buffers' is for. I'll have to think more about
how it's not exactly the same.