bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: 'Random' function failing to be random

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: 'Random' function failing to be random
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 03:29:15 +0200

It occurs to me that probably there is a reason why Emacs
does not seed its random number generator, and that maybe
we should just not do it.

Perhaps it is conventional that users who want random
behavior should put `(random t)' in their init files.

If it is indeed so, we should mention it in the manual.

Should we ask emacs-devel for advice?  (The Emacs manual
does not make it clear what the accepted behavior is.)

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>